that since he came back. He does | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 15
A look at some of the highlights from the five games on the schedule Tuesday at the Orlando Summer League and Utah Jazz Summer League:INTRODUCING MR. Jordan 13 Retro Altitude . MURRAYDejounte Murray, the No. 29 overall pick by the San Antonio Spurs, made his Summer League debut and showed why some think he could be the steal of the draft. The athletic Washington product got to the rim repeatedly and finished with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting and added five rebounds.I havent played a minute yet and I just wanted to play basketball again because thats what I love to do, Murray said. At the same time, I know I had to slow down and let the game come to me.SITTING CELTICSNo. 3 overall pick Jaylen Brown hyperextended his right knee in his first game Monday and hasnt played since. Hes been diagnosed with a bone bruise. President of basketball operations Danny Ainge said theyre being cautious and Brown will have an opportunity to get some games in Las Vegas. Second-year guard R.J. Hunter also sat with a sore wrist.The Celtics beat the Spurs 87-86 and finished 3-0 in Salt Lake City. San Antonio went 2-1.SLC MVPsSpurs second-year guard Kyle Anderson and Jazz second-year forward Trey Lyles were easily the top two players in the Utah Jazz Summer League. Anderson topped 20 points in all three games, including 23 Thursday. He also posted 10 rebounds and seven assists.Im just trying to get that confidence back overall, Anderson said. Just trying to carry it over now. I can play as well as I want out here, but I have to carry it over.Lyles had a double-double the first two nights and wrapped up the week with 22 points and eight rebounds.ALL THE STOPSThe Celtics may have missed out on signing Kevin Durant, but it wasnt for a lack of effort. Ainge even arranged for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to take part in the recruiting pitch.I just thought it would be a good idea, Ainge said. Wed like to get a lot of guys to come. Tom was available and I reached out to him. He thought about it for a day and said, `OK, Ill do it.In a very short turnaround he wanted to go. He had met KD one time before. I told him how much of a fan KD was of his. It was a fun time for all of us to have Tom there with us.Ainge explained its no easy task for teams to separate themselves from the pack when chasing free agents.Theres 30 good basketball teams and very competent organizations, Ainge said. The competitions fierce, so to set yourself apart from some of the top-echelon teams in this league is very challenging.BACK ON THE COURTNo. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons returned to the court after sitting out the Tuesday session. He left the game early on Monday due to cramps in both calves. The 76ers had planned to manage his minutes coming in, considering the Las Vegas Summer League begins Saturday. Simmons finished with six points, seven rebounds and six assists in an 86-75 defeat of the Jazz. He shot just 2 for 8 from the field, but continued to show incredible vision and passing ability. The 76ers finished 1-2 and the Jazz 0-3.IN THE HOUSEThe newest members of the Jazz were in attendance Thursday. Point guard George Hill and forward Joe Johnson both sat in the stands to watch the Utah roster face the 76ers.CHANGE OF VENUEThe Utah Jazz Summer League moved to the University of Utahs Jon M. Huntsman Center on campus for the final day of the session. The Jazz arena was booked for a Thirty-One Gifts convention that specializes in womens bags.MARBLEIZEDOrlando Blues Devyn Marble scored 21 points to go along with six assists and five steals while shooting 7 for 14 from the field in a 96-94 win over the Mavericks.CLIPPEDThe Los Angeles Clippers fell to 0-4 in Orlando with a 79-69 loss to the Orlando White team, but the No. 25 overall pick Brice Johnson was a bright spot. The North Carolina product posted 19 points, eight rebounds and seven turnovers. He went 6 for 7 from the field and 7 for 8 from the free-throw line.Treveon Graham finished with 24 points and six rebounds for Orlando White.MOTORING IN THE CITYPistons second-year forward Stanley Johnson put together his second consecutive strong outing with 20 points, nine rebounds and three steals as Detroit improved to 4-0 with a 71-58 win over the Heat.The young future of Miami, forward Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson, combined to shoot 7 for 30. Winslow had 13 points and four rebounds, while Richardson scored 11 and added four assists. The Heat dropped to 3-1. Cheap Air Jordan 13 Retro Purple .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Jordan 13 Retro Bred .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http:///...n-13-retro-all-blue/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Detroit Tigers have scored 10 runs in three straight games, and the task of stopping those scorching bats Saturday falls on rookie Blake Snell, who makes just his fifth career start.Snell has one of the Rays two wins in the last 16 games, but if hes going to win, hell have to beat one of the American Leagues best in Justin Verlander, who takes the mound as Detroit seeks its fifth win in a row.I think every single one of us knows what were capable of, said Fridays Rays starter Drew Smyly, who gave up six runs in dropping to 2-9 on the season. We just have to go out and do it. No teams going to let us just take one. We have to go out and take it ourselves.Verlander is a mortal 7-6 this season with a 4.30 ERA, and struggled in his last outing, giving up nine hits and eight earned runs in 4.2 innings in a loss to red-hot Cleveland. That ended a run of four straight victories for him that had dropped his ERA from 4.11 to 3.78.In his career against the Rays, Verlander is 7-3 with a 3.49 ERA -- in his only meeting against Tampa Bay last season, he dominated, giving up just one earned run in eight innings while striking out 10 batters.Snell was USA Todays Minor League Pitcher of the Year last season, and he has a 3.54 ERA in his first four appearrances. Cheap Air Jordan 13 Retro Green. . He has yet to give up a home run in four starts, the second longest streak to open a career in Rays history.Hell face a Tigers lineup thats ridiculously hot at the plate -- theyve scored 10 or more runs in three straight games for the first time in nearly 20 years. They had scored 18 straight runs against the Rays before Brad Millers two-run home run in the ninth inning Friday.The biggest bats have been Cameron Maybin -- six hits in the last two games -- and Victor Martinez, who crushed two three-run home runs in Fridays win. Martinez has a .354 career average against the Rays, the second-highest all-time among opponents with 250 plate appearances, trailing only the Twins Joe Mauer. His average at Tropicana Field is even stronger at .368 -- his best of any park in which hes played 10 or more games in his career.Hes got a bunch of hits and had the RBI early, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said of Maybins recent surge. Hes been like that since he came back. He does a nice job getting on base, hes a threat to steal, hes had good at-bats, for the most part since his return from the DL. He brings a great energy to our dugout. ' ' '
Share:

Clickbank Ads