e on Wednesday afternoon. Hendricks allowed just three hits in six shutout innings in his last start against Texas on Friday and has a 1.70 ERA in his las | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 13
OAKLAND, Calif. Rockies Jerseys China . -- Seattle Mariners left-hander James Paxton is no stranger to a wild-card playoff race.In 2014, he went 4-4 with a 3.19 ERA in the final two months of season as the Mariners fought for a spot in the playoffs. They finished 87-75, one game behind the Oakland As, who captured the second wild-card berth in the American League.Paxton is back in a playoff race this year for the second time in his career and hes savoring every minute.Absolutely, said Paxton, who will start Sunday in the series finale against Oakland. Tons of fun. Its awesome being right there. Weve been playing well the last few games here and hopefully we can keep that going and get on a roll.The Mariners (74-68) won their fourth straight game Saturday, a 14-3 victory over Oakland, and will go for the series sweep Sunday.Paxton beat the As in a September matchup in 2014, and hes 2-0 with a 2.63 ERA in two career starts against the As. This will be his first start of 2016 against Oakland.Having success against a particular team kind of helps your confidence a little bit going in, knowing that you pitched well against a team in the past, but for me its more about how youre feeling about your stuff going into the start, Paxton said.Paxton is 0-1 with a 6.91 ERA in his past three starts since coming off the disabled list (left elbow contusion), but he struck out 17 and walked two during that stretch. In his previous four starts, he went 2-1 with a 1.59 ERA, 27 strikeouts and three walks.I feel good, Paxton said. I feel good about how Im throwing the ball. I feel like I threw the ball really well last game. Some unfortunate things happened. I made a couple mistakes. I feel good about where Im at. So Im looking forward to the game tomorrow.In his past few starts, Paxton has had a problem with the nail on his left middle finger.Last year, it tore up completely and I was unable to pitch at the end of the season, Paxton said. And it grew back, and a piece that was dead kind of fell off. All the pressure was going to one side of the nail because I only had half a nail. It started ripping up again, but weve kind of figured out a way to keep it down, and it should work a lot better now. It seems to be healing pretty well. Its better than it was for sure.As rookie right-hander Raul Alcantara, who had a rough major-league debut Monday against the Los Angeles Angels, will make his second career start. Alcantara gave up five runs and five hits in three innings in a 10-7 loss. He hit three batters in the first inning, tying the major-league record for most batters hit in an inning.I wasnt nervous, Alcantara said. Right now for the second outing, weve been watching some video, stuff from the minor leagues, looking at some video of the batters were going to face. I think the second outings going to go a lot better for me.Alcantara, who began the season at Double-A Midland, went 4-0 with a 1.18 ERA in eight starts for Triple-A Nashville. In 25 minor-league starts, he walked only 30 batters.There wasnt any control issue with him, and then you hit a couple guys in your first big-league outing, and it can probably get in (your head) a little bit, As manager Bob Melvin said. He finished up with good stuff. He looked like he was starting to get a lot more comfortable, and I expect that to be the case tomorrow. Cheap Rockies Jerseys Online . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Trevor Story Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. http://www.wholesalerockiesjerseys.com/ . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. CHICAGO -- Jeurys Familia lost control, but not the lead, and kept the Mets ahead and his consecutive save streak intact.New Yorks closer escaped a bases-loaded jam with a game-ending double play after Rene Rivera drove in the tiebreaking run with two outs in the top of the ninth, lifting New York over the Chicago Cubs 2-1 on Tuesday night.Familia walked Addison Russell and Miguel Montero to start the ninth, then Javier Baez reached on a bunt single when third baseman Jose Reyes threw wide to first. Pinch-hitter Matt Szczur hit a grounder to first baseman James Loney, and Loney threw out Russell at the plate.Kris Bryant then hit into a 5-4-3 double play to give Familia his 33rd save in 33 chances this season and 49th straight dating to Aug. 1, 2015.I just always try in a situation like that, to throw my sinker down and let them make contact with a groundball and believe in myself, Familia said. I just try to believe and think I can do it.Familias teammates kept their cool, tooI know Familia is going to do it, catcher Rivera said. I know he has been there before. After the first couple of batters, I went out there and gave him support.Rivera had the third single in the ninth -- following hits by Loney and Asdrubal Cabrera -- off Hector Rondon (1-2) as the Mets beat the Cubs for the fifth time in six games after sweeping them in last years NL Championship Series.Hansel Robles (4-3) pitched two scoreless innings in relief for the win.All-Star right-handers Jake Arrieta of the Cubs and Noah Syndergaard of the Mets returned to dominant form in no decisions.Arrieta retired 14 of the first 15 Mets hitters, including 12 straight following Yoenis Cespedes single in the first. He allowed one run and struck out eight in seven innings, his longest outing since June 11. Last years NL Cy Young Award winner got back on track after allowing four or more earned runs in three consecutive starts for the first time since 2012.That was a little more like it, Arrieta said. I was really aggressive in the strike zone and I was using my off-speed pretty much throughout the whole game.Syndergaard gave up one unearned run on seven hits through 5 2/3 innings. He struck out eight before being replaced by Jerry Blevins after throwing 105 pitches.Syndergaard had his velocity early, reaching 100 mph in the first inning, and was able to escape jams in the first and second. He left in the fifth inning of his previous start, on July 8, with arm fatigue after allowing tthree runs in a loss to Washington. Cheap Rockies Jerseys For Sale. It was great to come in here and squeeze out a win against their ace, Syndergaard said. My arm felt really loose and fluid even later in the game.New Yorks Michael Conforto made his first start, in right field, since being recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas on Sunday and went 0 for 3. He had pinch-hit on Monday and singled.Arrieta doubled with two out in the fourth, then was thrown out at the plate when he tried to score on Tommy La Stellas single. At first, Arrieta was ruled safe by umpire Eric Cooper, but he was called out following a video review.CONFORTO FACTORMets manager Terry Collins is concerned about overloading Conforto too soon after his recall, so he started the 23-year-old in right field and Curtis Granderson in center on Tuesday with the wind blowing in at Wrigley Field. Conforto may see time in center in the future, though.Conforto got off to a nice start with the Mets but was sent down on June 25 after a prolonged slump.This kid got sent out because he wasnt hitting, Collins said before the game. He gets his swing back and comes up and the first thing that hits him in the face is to play center field. So were going to ease him into it.RIGHT ANGLEBoth Collins and Chicago manager Joe Maddon loaded their starting lineups with lefties against two of the majors premier right-handed starters.Maddon called out the split against Syndergaard as enormously different. Righties entered hitting .210 against him, lefties were batting .282. Against Arrieta, righties were hitting .182, lefties were at .215.TRAINERS ROOMMets: The team said RHP Matt Harvey was resting comfortably after having season-ending surgery for thoracic outlet surgery in St. Louis on Monday.Cubs: All-Star 2B Ben Zobrist batted fourth after getting two days off. ... OFs Dexter Fowler (right hamstring strain) and Jorge Soler (left hamstring strain) had the start of their rehab stints at Triple-A pushed back a day when the Iowa Cubs were rained out. Maddon said both were close to returning, but he didnt know exactly.UP NEXTRHP Bartolo Colon (8-4, 3.11) squares off against Chicago RHP Kyle Hendricks (8-6, 2.41) in the series finale on Wednesday afternoon. Hendricks allowed just three hits in six shutout innings in his last start against Texas on Friday and has a 1.70 ERA in his last 11 outings. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: